The days are long, but the years are short. ~Gretchen Rubin
I know I’m not supposed to wish any stage away, but I’m really tired of the twins destroying things. I took them to meet their new teacher this morning after dropping off the big kids, and I found out they need nap mats for school next week. Yikes! That wasn’t in our budget for our no-spend month. No problem. I made several nap mats for friends a few years ago (before having twins–back when I had time to sew), and I have quite a stash of fabric and supplies (for projects I dream of doing), so we went through my stash and found two pieces of fabric big enough for their nap mats. I had even saved the remnants of the 1-inch thick foam that goes inside the mats. It’s a little shorter than what the pattern calls for, but I can make it work.
The girls were excited and laid on top of the foam pieces and covered up with their fabric choices. While they were happy, I loaded the dishwasher. When I finished, I realized they were too quiet. I found them in their room with the foam pieces, one of which was now in many pieces.
I wanted to cry, but I didn’t. I gathered all the pieces and spent every spare moment this afternoon and evening sewing the large pieces back together. It looks a little Frankenstein-ish, but it will be inside the nap mat, so only you and I will know. 😉
- My husband attended the second day of his class today, so he needed to eat out for lunch again. He spent $3.88 on fast food on his way back to work this afternoon. I finished off the rest of our leftover roast, potatoes, carrots, and gravy. It was so good.
- Hubby also got his hair cut today, and he paid $15 cash for that.
- One of our larger items on our online garage sale finally sold today, so we made $45 on that.
- We had spaghetti and garlic knots for dinner tonight. Our son and his friend are camping with my in-laws this weekend, so I didn’t worry about preparing much. The main reason I made bread was so I could have some for breakfast the next few days.
- I sell Norwex and forgot about an online sale that provided me with a $30 commission, which was direct-deposited this week. That covers part of the girls’ doctor visit yesterday.