Big Sister told us yesterday that her throat hurt, but she had no fever, so we thought it could just be allergies. This morning she started coughing, and I just knew she had strep. So we had to pay another $30 co-pay and a $10 prescription. Someday, all of our children will stop getting strep so frequently. (Big Brother has been healthy for a long time now.). I’m already missing our $0 co-pay for children, and the insurance just changed at the beginning of this month. 😕
Big Sister had a rough morning. Just before we left for the doctor, she shut her fingers in the laundry room door and bruised/cut them, so we had to take an ice pack with us. Her fingers were so swollen and looked so bad that the doctor was concerned that she might have broken them. I took this photo after we got back home, and they weren’t purple anymore, but the two that she smashed were still swollen.
- I felt sorry for Big Sister and bought her a grape slush at Sonic after her appointment. We spent $2 in quarters.
- We all had lunch at home today–saving money and calories!
- I made Mexican skillet casserole for dinner but only used a 1/2 pound of ground beef since I wasn’t feeding Big Brother or my in-laws. I’ll use the rest of the ground beef Wednesday in the stuffed bell peppers.
- I borrowed a shirt from a friend instead of buying one to wear to school this Wednesday for a special dress day.
- I cleaned out the girls’ stuffed animals and got two bags ready to donate and some other things set aside to sell.